It can make the world of difference dressing up your dining table with chairs that have the capacity to give a classy, aesthetic appearance. Indeed, if you want to turn your dining area into something unique, why not replace those predictable matched sets with seating that’s completely offbeat?
Imagine pairing your current dining table with something as unique as antique chairs. It could work wonders! The trend of mixing and matching is now very much in vogue and combining old and new can produce absolutely stunning results. So, if you’re looking to create an eclectic dining space, here’s a simple guide to buying the right chairs:
- Mixing and matching dining sets is now the in-thing. So, if you are still a little fixated on matched sets, be bold! Ditch the idea and try pairings that have more contrast.
- Whilst mixing and matching, make sure you have a common theme running through the combination, to ensure that everything blends together. Too random a pairing could make the room look absurd.
- Harmony, in terms of shapes, matters too! As an example, if you have a table that’s square or rectangular, go for chairs that are similarly shaped.
- Consider the size of the dining table in comparison to the overall room space. Your choice of your chairs needs to be in accordance. A tiny chair could end up looking completely dwarfed by a huge table; any antique appeal will be lost, and it will end up just looking ordinary.
- If you are choosing an antique chair, check how portable it will be. You don’t want to be dragging chairs around that aren’t easy to grip and which might cause damage.
- Where solid back or upholstered chairs are involved, try to go for lighter options which can be moved around easily. Ladder back chairs and the like are relatively straightforward to handle. Portability is an important consideration, especially in homes where there are young and elderly.
- If you have toddlers running around, it’s best to avoid selecting everyday chairs with lighter upholstery shades - for obvious reasons!
And when choosing antiques, always keep the following things in mind:
At Antique Tables UK, we have a plentiful stock of French Antique Chairs
waiting to be matched with a table like yours! Browse through to have a look.